The Steering Committee
This is MJAP’s supreme decision making organ. It provides the overall policy direction, fiscal accountability and advocacy to ensure sustainability of the program. It is also the staff appointing authority for MJAP.
- Chairman: Prof. Nelson Sewankambo, Principal, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
- Secretary: Dr. Jennifer Namusobya, Deputy Program Director
- Prof. Nelson Sewankambo – Principal College of Health Sciences
- Prof. Moses Kamya – Head Dept. of Med-MU Col.Of Health Sciences.
- Assoc. Prof. Samuel Malinga Dean Faculty of Med.-MUST
- Dr. Barigye Celestine ED – Mbarara Hospital
- Dr. Doreen Mirabwa-Male D. ED-Mulago Hosp.
- Dr. Basangwa David ED-Butabika Hosp.
- Dr. Stephen Watiti Representative of people living with HIV
- Mr. Nicholas Mugumya Finance & Accounting Expert
- Dr. Joshua Musinguzi Ministry of Health
- Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe Makerere University Council
- Dr. Umar Kakumba Makerere University Senate
- Ms. Naome Kiconco Makerere University Legal Unit
- Dr. Jennifer Namusobya Makerere University Joint AIDS Program
- Dr. Nelson Musoba Uganda AIDS Commission
- Dr. Isaac Okullo Prinicpal – Makerere College of Health Sciences
The Senior Management Team (SMT)
The Senior Management Team (SMT) is responsible for the leadership, strategy and priorities of MJAP. They are charged with the delivery of the overall mission, program direction and for the day to day running of the program.
It is comprised of:
- Executive Director: Dr. Jennifer Namusobya
- Program Manager-Care and Treatment : Dr. Cecilia Nawavvu
- Program Manager-Mbarara: Dr. Gideon Amanyire
- Prevention Advisor: Dr. DalsoneKwarisima
- Finance and Administration Manager : Stephen Kyambadde
- Human resource Manager: John Bosco Tuheirwe
- Consultant Physician care and treatment advisor: Dr. Fred Semitala
- Program Accountant: Moses Adengo
- HCT Services Coordinator Mbarara: Dr.BernardMayanja
- M &E Advisor: Innocent Musoke
- TB/HIV Services Advisor: Dr. Simon Walusimbi
- Lab Services Advisor: Denis Oola
- Clinical Services Advisor Mbarara: Dr. Kiyimba Achillies
- Procurement Manager: Ibrahim Okello
- Pharmacy Services Advisor: Ahmed Katumba
- Public Relations Officer: Rachael Kentenyingi
- Administrative Officer, Mbarara: NaomeAtuhaire
- Administrative Officer, Kampala: Rhonah Nakato